We understand that even at the best of times life can become stressful. Sometimes it seems life throws challenges at us from all directions!
Managing this stress isn’t easy but it is an important factor in maintaining quality of life and general wellness. A little stress can be a good motivator but too much can impact every aspect of our lives from our relationships with loved ones to our blood pressure levels, immune function to sleep quality and general health.
Too much stress makes the seemingly simple tasks in life become overwhelmingly difficult leaving us incapable of achieving peace, success, happiness or gratitude. It plays havoc with our physical health and is responsible for muscle tension, headaches, migraine, confusion, anxiety, digestive issues, fatigue, inflammation, insomnia the list goes on.
The good news here is there are many ways to combat stress such as exercise, meditation, good nutrition, social connection, spending time in nature, mindfulness and massage therapy.
Why Massage Therapy?
It is widely researched and well documented that massage therapy
- reduces: stress, fear, anxiety, depression
- aids: relaxation, meditation, rehabilitation
- lowers: blood pressure, heart rate
- decreases: the frequency/intensity of head aches & migraines, stress hormones
- improves: digestive function, immune function, lymphatic function
- relieves: pain, muscle tension and stiffness, nerve pain
- Increases: circulation, detoxification and the production of the feel good hormone OXYTOCIN.
I have mentioned just a few PROVEN benefits of receiving massage therapy and depending on the treatment more specific benefits would apply.
Massage therapy is a valuable investment for all of us as it allows a space for healing, relaxation, being nurtured, mindfulness and gratitude. From the young active person to the frail aged we can all benefit from massage.
Always choose a qualified remedial massage therapist we recommend Jemma at Restorative Massage Fremantle.